Did you know…How many lighthouses are in Casco Bay?
All are in the southwest region of the Bay, which is not surprising, since this where ship traffic is concentrated. Draw them on a chart of Casco Bay.
1. “Bug Light,” South Portland, Portland Breakwater
2. Spring Point Ledge, South Portland, Southern Maine Community College campus
3. Ram Island Ledge
4. Portland Head Light
5. Two Lights, Cape Elizabeth
6. Halfway Rock Lighthouse, south of Baily Island
7. Echo Point Light, Great Diamond Island (a tiny lighthouse on the southwest tip of the island)
8. Little Mark Island, south of Bailey Island (this light is on a monument and is not officially a lighthouse)