Announcing the Casco Bay Photo Contest
We want to see your favorite photos taken of, near, or on Casco Bay. Show us what the Bay means to you! Winners of the contest will be announced at We Are Water: Friends of Casco Bay’s Members Annual Meeting on Wednesday, August 2.
Consider this list a source of inspiration.
- Scenic: Send us landscapes, sunsets, lighthouses, and anything that shows the beauty of Casco Bay (underwater photos count, too!).
- Recreation on the Bay. People on boats, walking the shore, swimming, paddling, or otherwise — show us any of the many ways that you see people enjoying Casco Bay.
- Wildlife and Animals. Dogs, birds, sea creatures…you name it! We want to see the critters of the Bay.
- Working Waterfront. Submit a photo of lobstermen on their iconic boats, workers on the wharves and vessels that define our harbors, or any image that shows how Casco Bay relates to our local economy.
- Student Photographer. Are you 18 or younger? If so, tell us when you submit your photos.
All photos will be considered general submissions and our judges will choose winning photos for each category. We will have a great set of prizes for the winners.
- Each person can submit a maximum of five photos.
- Photos must be taken in Casco Bay or the Casco Bay watershed.
- Photos must be taken between 2020 and the present day.
How to Submit Photos
- Send photos via email to email@example.com. Submissions close on Wednesday, July 5 at 11:59 p.m.
- High resolution photos are preferred (if prompted, select “original size” when sending your photos).
- Your subject line should read “Frame the Bay”
- Please include in your email:
- the location and year your photo was taken
- your name
- if you are under 18 (so you can be considered for the Student Photographer category)
Thank you to our judges: Kevin Morris, Lindsay Heald, and Sandy Marsters.
Unless you tell us otherwise, Friends of Casco Bay may use any photo submitted to the contest in future communications such as our website, newsletter, and emails. If and when we do, we will gladly credit you as the person who took an amazing photo!