We know you love Casco Bay and want to stay up-to-date about our work to protect the health of our coastal waters. Please consider taking 5 minutes to “safelist” us and help ensure you always receive emails from us.
Safelisting is tech-jargon for telling your email service that you always want to see our emails. Even if you are seeing this email, you may not be seeing all of our emails. Sometimes email services mistakenly block messages or send our emails to the spam or trash folders.
By following the steps below, you can make sure our emails always end up in your inbox. You will also be helping other Friends of the Bay to see our emails, too, because safe listing sends a message to Google and other email services that we are a reputable organization.
Each email service has a different set of steps to add us to your safe senders’ list. Below are some of the most popular email services and instructions for how to safelist us. If you do not see your email service below, you may be able to find instructions by googling the name of your email service and the word safelist. Or you can contact your email service and ask them to help you.
Thank you for taking these steps to help us and ensure you are up to date with all things Casco Bay.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Community Engagement Coordinator Sarah Lyman at slyman [at] cascobay [dot] org.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Gmail
Because so many Friends of the Bay use Gmail, we created this video to walk you through how to use filters to make sure you receive all emails from us at Friends of Casco Bay.
- Log in to your Gmail at gmail.com.
- Select the gear icon at the upper right of your inbox and click or tap Settings.
- Select “Filters and Blocked Addresses” from the navigation options at the top. Scroll down.
- Click “Create a New Filter”.
- In the pop-up window, enter @cascobay.org in the From field.
- Click “Create filter” (not the blue search button).
- In the next window, check “Never send it to Spam”.
- Also, check “Categorize as:” and select “Primary”.
- Click “Create filter”.
- Once you are done, you will see the new filter show up in the list of filters.
- Click the Gmail logo in the upper left to navigate back to your inbox.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Yahoo
- Select the Gear icon in the upper right corner of your inbox
- Click or tap “More Settings”.
- Select “Filters” from the left navigation menu, then click “Add new filters”.
- In the Add a new filter form, give the filter a name (Friends of Casco Bay Email). Under From, leave “contains” and enter @cascobay.org. Make sure “Match case” is not checked. Select “Save” twice to activate the new filter.
- The filter now appears in the list of filters in the Filters window.
- To see screenshots, see this article: https://www.lifewire.com/set-up-filter-yahoo-mail-1167129
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Outlook
- Go to the Home tab in Outlook.
- Look for the “Junk” icon and click it.
- Then select “Junk Email Options”.
- In the Junk Email Options dialog box, go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Click “Add”.
- In the Add address or domain dialog box, enter @cascobay.org.
- Click “OK”.
- The email address or domain appears in the Safe Senders List.
- Click “OK”.
- To see screenshots, see this article: https://www.lifewire.com/add-address-domain-safe-senders-outlook-1173760
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Comcast
- Select the gear icon in the upper right corner and click or tap “Settings”.
- Click “Filter Rules”, under Mail in the left navigation pane, then the “Add New Rule” button.
- Make the Rule Name “Friends of Casco Bay Email”. Select “Add condition” and choose “Sender/From”.
- In the Contains field, type @cascobay.org.
- Select the “Add action link” then “Keep”. Save the new rule.
- Once you are done, you’ll see your new filter show up under Mail Filter Rules in Xfinity Mail settings.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use iOS Devices – iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- While you have this email selected, click keeper [at] cascobay [dot] org in the header of this email
- Add to either a new contact or an existing contact.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Android devices and do not use Gmail
- While you have this message selected, click the picture, our Friends of Casco Bay Logo, in the header of this email
- Look to add to your contacts. It may be an icon of a person with a + next to it.
- Complete all the steps to add the contact.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use Apple Mail
- While you have this message selected, click keeper [at] cascobay [dot] org in the header of this email.
- Click Add to finish.
How to add us to your safe senders’ list if you use AOL Mail
- Click Contacts in the right toolbar
- Click “Add Contact”.
- Enter keeper [at] cascobay [dot] org and additional information if you wish
- Click “Add Contact” button in the popup to finish