What you can do to be a Champion for the Bay
- Sign up to be a Champion by filling out our volunteer application. This will ensure you are notified about our next Champions event.
- Read our Bay Papers! Our Bay Papers make it easy to be informed about the issues we are working on. Each Bay Paper is written to help you:
- Understand the issue at a glance
- Get the background information you need to explain the issue to others
- Take action to reduce negative impacts on the health of the Bay
- Learn how Friends of Casco Bay is attacking the problem
Reach out to your neighbors, colleagues, friends, and family and let them know you care about the health of Casco Bay. Let them know what they can do to protect the Bay. You can also tell your elected officials and representatives that Casco Bay matters to you.
What Friends of Casco Bay is doing to champion the Bay
- Every day we are advocating for a cleaner, healthier Bay.
- We have been and will continue to tackle the biggest threats to the Bay and provide ways for you to help us.
- We will continue to develop Bay Papers to help you talk about the issues facing our waters.
- Future Champions for the Bay workshops will focus on a single issue, such as BayScaping, or on a specific region, such as the harbor islands, or provide training, such as, how they can archive wildlife observations to share with spill responders in the event of an oil spill.
Help us continue our Champions Program and other work
Want to get outside, take photos that may help protect the health of Casco Bay, and connect with other community members? We invite you to join our new volunteer Observing Network, Water Reporter, an exciting way to share what you see around the Bay. In 2016 and 2017, we saw a concerning increase in the number… Read more